859 Loridans Drive

In 2006, a previous owner Mike Davis provided the following history: "The house was built in 1927. The architects were Tebbs and Knell of New York.  The original property comprised of over 30 acres.  Mr. Fred Hamilton Sr. purchased the property in 1953 for $27,500. Michael Davis and Jennifer Dickinson purchased the remaining 2.25 acres including the two houses in 2003 from Mr. Russ Hamilton."

The original entrance to the house must have been from nearby Peachtree-Dunwoody Road -- there are still stone pillars marking what must have been the driveway.

 


 



 

Large covered front porch
 

View of the house around 1950
 

Rear of house

Backyard patio

At 1030 feet above sea level (the highest in North Buckhead), the wooded backyard offers a wonderful view of urban Buckhead


 



 
All photos provided by Mike Davis

Click any of these pictures to enlarge it.

Also See these pictures mostly taken by NBCA